Saturday, October 18, 2008

Journey of desire...


I am on a journey: a journey to know Christ, to exemplify his beauty and character, to be his hands and feet. I do not always understand what exactly that means or entails, but I am in this never-ending quest to figure it out; to look like Jesus, to smell like Jesus, to speak, listen, think, and obey like Jesus; to have a mouth that speaks a reflection of His heart; to LOVE like He loves with the same eyes He sees through. Quoting Bethany Dillon's song "Waking Up", she sings "I was dead, so you became my life; I couldn't see it, so you became my eyes. Imagine what it would be like- to realize that I no longer live, but Christ lives in me; to have life in His name. What would it be like- to have eyes that see, that truly see?

It has been one amazing ride so far; stepping outside of myself to look in, to see my story; to see where it fits in regards to His story, the story of God's amazing love for me, his passionate pursuit of me. He desires me. Wow...my Most High God desires to know me, to have a relationship with me, to use me. And I desire Him. So here I am: alive, free, on a journey of desire.

2 comments:

DaFa said...

Erin Titus...thank you for sharing your life and love. I look forward to so much more. I miss you and love you my Rafiki

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing more from you...